It all starts with the right Domain Name.
Choosing the right domain name for your business, a startup, a new business, a new website, or a new blog can become one of the biggest factors towards the success of the initiative.
- It can give you an easy way to remember your brand or business. It becomes your identity on internet.
- A right domain name can also be a good safeguard for your brand name across countries with different legal frameworks w.r.to trademarks and copyrights.
- A right domain name can provide you a unique positioning to your business and help you differentiate from your competitors in the market.
- A keyword-heavy domain name can provide you free traffic for life to your business.
- No price is too big for the right domain name.
Guidelines for choosing the right Domain Name.
Would work for your brand and for your business.
- Your domain name should be the same as your brand name. Else change your brand name. It is a brand mantra for the digital age we are living in.
- The domain name you choose to register should not infringe upon existing copyright or registered trade name or trademark
- Domain names should ideally have a maximum of two (2) words and a maximum of Nine (9) letters. Domain names with upto six (6) letters and a single word is best for a domain name. A domain name should not have more than 15 letters.
- The domain name should be easy to spell, easy to remember, and easy to pronounce.
- We recommend all domain name owners to have .COM, .NET, and .ORG for a given brand name. This ensures that nobody misuses the top-level domain extensions (gTLDs). You may like to add to this list, country-specific domain extensions as well. e.g. India based / focused businesses should have .IN domain name as well.
- .COM domain name is the most preferred domain extension. We strongly recommend .com domain name over any other extension. However, you may like to register your domain name with other domain extensions.
- A .COM domain name is the most sought after domain extension. Getting a right .com domain name is going to be more and more difficult in times ahead as new businesses set up websites. This calls for the right branding and a domain name strategy.