Free Blog vs self-hosted WordPress Blog
If you are using blog using WordPress as abcxyz.wordpress.com, you will find many limitations to modify and edit your blog.
Some are listed below:
1. You must use a abcxyz.wordpress.com subdomain for your blog address. Domain Mapping may change this, but will be a paid service
2. you cannot edit the CSS.
3. You will not find the Plugin feature.
4. You are totally dependant on wordpress.com to keep your account active and hosted, which isn’t such a bad thing, but again, out of your control
5. You will have the limitations on Themes and Layouts.
6. You cannot create sub-domain in free wordpress.com account. This is required when you want to expand your blog.
7. You will get bounded with the features which wordpress provides in its free edition.
And when you have your Self hosted WordPress Blog on your Domain Hosting, you don’t have to face all these issues as you will get all the benefits, features and power to modify your blog as per your ideas. You can make use of beautiful and powerful Plugins, you can edit the CSS files to give new look to your domain and many more others stuffs.
Also you can create the Sub-domain if you want to expand your blog.
What do you suggest? A free WordPress blog or a self hosted WordPress blog?
You can use the WORDPRESS to get started with your blog, for help on wordpress refer this LINK