Points to be kept in mind while choosing the new domain name.
A domain name locates an organization or other entity on the Internet. So what type of things should you take into consideration when choosing the name that will represent you on the Web? Here are 5 relevant tips you want to take into consideration:
- Your domain name is too important to put at risk by going for the cheapest registrar you can find. Pay a little extra to go with a reputable and well-established company. However, also be aware a high price is no guarantee of quality, honesty and good service.
- Choose the domain name which is “SHORT”. Keeping your domain name short will help others to remember it, and easily type it into their browsers. If possible, keep it under ten characters.
- There are different extensions available now. For businesses, we recommend a .COM suffix. It is the first extension that most people try when searching for a Website. Also, since it is one of the oldest extensions, .com shows that your business has been around for a while and that you have a well-established presence on the Web.
- You should always avoid “Trademarked Domain Names”
- Domain names can only use letters, numbers, and dashes. Spaces and symbols are not allowed.
- When you have settled on several available name choices, see what your friends and clients have to say. A name that may make perfect sense to you may be too hard for other people to remember.
- One of the key objectives of choosing an effective domain name is for this name to help you targeted web traffic, leading to a consistent growth in potential customers & eventually & increase your online sales & profits.
- You can register New Domain Names from here.
How to safeguard your existing domain name.
Now-a-days, registering a domain, having emails and hosting a site is fast, easy and relatively inexpensive. Once your traffic starts taking off and you establish a certain level of readership and a regular following – You’ll find that you’re more likely to get attacked by hackers looking to either sabotage your site or, even worse, hijack your domain – you need secure web hosting and to protect your domain. So to avoid all this, you need to safeguard your brand domain name. Following points will help you in safeguarding your domain name :
- After purchasing a domain name, put the privacy and theft protection. You should always have full access and control over the Domain Control Panel’s Login Name and Password.
- Keep Registration Information Up-to-date. Keep on updating your Admin contact details and admin email id. This will help you a lot in securing your domain name.
- Put very strong password for your domain control panel that has capital and lower case numbers, letters, and even a special character. This is the first wall of defense against domain hijacking.
- Never use the same password for your Domain account as you used for your hosting account setup. By doing this, you significantly reduce the risk that if one account is ever hacked, the hacker will not have access to your other systems.
- Always lock you domain name. This ensures that the domain name can not be transferred to somebody else, unless you want it hat way.
- Also renew your domain before 1 month from the date of its expiry. If you allow your domain name to expire, it becomes available to the first person who wishes to buy it. If you carelessly lose your domain name in this way, then the only way to get it back will be to buy it from the current owner, usually for a lot of money.
- We offer following safety and security measures with every domain registration:
- Privacy Protection
- Domain Locking
- Anytime updation of Domain Contact Information
- Automatic renewal reminders are emailed to you
- You can register New Domain Names from here.
What to do when Domain you want is already booked by someone else.
Many times it happens that when you have decided with the perfect domain name for your business and personal use, you find it’s already booked by someone else. So again you start thinking of another domain. But now you can get your perfect domain name even if it is booked by some one. We will do all the possible thing for getting the domain name for you.
- You just need to provide us the domain name which you wish to buy and the estimate of price you are willing to pay for the domain name.
- We will contact the current domain holder and try to negotiate a good rate at which we can buy the domain name for you.
- We may have o participate in an domain auction. In such cases we will bid for the domain name on your behalf on successful outcome, transfer it in your name
- If the domain name you want has already expired or is going to expire, we can backorder the domain and get it for you. Many times an auction may be involved in a backorder too
- You may also like to read this page.